Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Retire #21



I'm in a fantasy NBA league and I named my team "The World B. Freeze".

World B. Free was the ONLY reason to see a Cleveland Cavaliers basketball game for a few years in the early 80's. Oh yeah, and he single-handedly saved pro basketball in Cleveland. If it weren't for Lloyd "World" B. Free, Lebron would not have a hometown team to even be lucky enough to get the chance to play for. He was about as cocky as they come and never met a jump shot he didn't like. He played sort of like my late uncle Jackie "Radar" Tidrick. When playing "Barn Ball" (I'll explain that some other time) Uncle Jackie used to yell "pass it to me, I MIGHT pass it back". He never passed it back. Anyway, the Cavs are going to honor him (World B. Free, not my uncle) before the game against the Clippers tomorrow night. Terry Pluto of the Akron Beacon Journal believes they should retire #21. I agree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home