Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Who Would Jesus Assassinate?

Pat Robertson is such a good Christian. He recently stated the US should assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez. USA Today:

"We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability," Robertson said Monday on the Christian Broadcast Network's The 700 Club....We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator," he continued. "It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with."

Chavez has emerged as one of the most outspoken critics of President Bush, accusing the United States of conspiring to topple his government and possibly backing plots to assassinate him. U.S. officials have called the accusations ridiculous.

"You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it," Robertson said. "It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war ... and I don't think any oil shipments will stop."

I think I can count the minutes until he backpedals and tries to "clarify" his position. He will say he never said the US should assassinate Chavez but will refuse to apologize. Any bets?

1 Comments:

Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

He hasn't back pedaled yet, right? Or I didn't hear about it. He's probably just clarified his statements. I wish that St. Michael would take out Robertson with a Stop his ticker thonk on the haid.

And, I'm looking for a recipe for my niece to make tuna casserole. That's how I found you. I'm going to link you because I really understand where you are coming from with this. LOL

Saturday, November 24, 2007 1:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home