Monday, August 22, 2005

Vegan Virgin - Too Much Information

So I've been doing the Vegan thing for about the past month and a half now. I ate pretty healthy - lots of fruit and veggies, even grainy sort of bland tasting cereal with my vanilla soy milk. I quickly lost nearly 10 lbs as soon as I cut out cheese, butter and milk. I hadn't eaten meat in several years anyway so it wasn't that hard. Then I go to the PETA2 website and look up "everyday" foods that are Vegan and I realize that alot of my favorite junk foods are still okay. So I've been eating Cracker Jacks, Twizzlers, Dum-Dums, Froot Loops, Corn Pops, Apple Jacks, etc. I'd never even eaten one of those Apple Turnovers at Arby's before. I didn't think ANYthing at Arby's was vegan. I love them now. What a dork! I've put most of the 10 lbs back on.

I heard a famous vegan doctor say that going vegan is not necessarily healthy www.veganmd.com He pointed out that french fries and beer are technically vegan but those "college vegans" do not have a healthy diet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home