Tuesday, August 29, 2006

World Party

Brian & Vivian had gone to see World Party Fri night in Cleveland and told me it was a great show. I went Sun. Night here in Pgh by myself. It was kind of weird to see Karl Wallinger playing to such a small crowd (under 200). It was a great show, lots of new songs (only two from the first record). I had been warned that Karl was looking a little chubby. The guy had a freakin' aneurysm a few years ago and had to go through rehab & such. I couldn't help but think about the first time I saw them. It was probably 87 at the Phantasy Theater in Cleveland (Lakewood, actually). It was in support of the first album. I think Trent Reznor's awful Exotic Birds band opened (I could be wrong on that one).

When I tried to evaluate how Karl looked compared to the last time I saw him I couldn't help but think - "If he remembered how I looked 19 years ago he'd probably think I wasn't looking too good now either - and I didn't have a brain aneurysm".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home